Below you will find a condensed version of my professional and educational experience. Please use the contact tab to request a full resume.
- University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver. Master’s degree in Journalism (2012-2014)
- Universidad de las Américas (UDLA), Mexico City. B.A. in Mass Communication Studies (2007-2010)
- Regular guest at Roundhouse Radio’s Indie News Hour show (CURRENT)
- Canopy (Environmental not-for-profit), Vancouver. Digital Communications Officer (CURRENT).
- Guidebook, Vancouver. Contributing Writer.
- New Canadian Media, Contributing Writer and Editor.
- The Ubyssey, Vancouver. Senior Culture Writer.
- International Reporting Program Fellow at UBC.
- The Tyee, Vancouver. Reporting Intern.
- Reporting in Indigenous Communities Program, Vancouver. Reporter.
- Media Brain (company that specializes in social media campaigns), Mexico City. Junior Account Manager.
- Mexico City’s Metro Newspaper (Publimetro), Mexico City. Digital Reporter.
- International Reporting Program Fellowship
- Donna Logan Scholarship in Investigative Journalism
- National Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Online Video News Series
- COPA Award for Best Interactive Story
- International Region Murrow Award for Small Online News Organization Video Series.
- Sigma Delta Chi Award for Non-Deadline Online Reporting from the Society of Professional Journalists